Russian helicopters fly over Crimea - Ukraine border guards
KIEV (Reuters) - More than 10 Russian military helicopters flew from Russia into Ukrainian airspace over the Crimea region on Friday, the Ukrainian border guard service said on Friday.
It also said in a statement that Russian servicemen were blocking off a unit of Ukrainian border guards in the port city of Sevastopol, where part of the Russian Black Sea fleet is based.
Russia's Black Sea fleet had earlier on Friday denied any role in the seizure of a military airport near Sevastopol.
(Reporting By Pavel Polityuk, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Balfour Beatty ends merger talks with Carillion