Russian helicopters fly over Crimea - Ukraine border guards
KIEV (Reuters) - More than 10 Russian military helicopters flew from Russia into Ukrainian airspace over the Crimea region on Friday, the Ukrainian border guard service said on Friday.
It also said in a statement that Russian servicemen were blocking off a unit of Ukrainian border guards in the port city of Sevastopol, where part of the Russian Black Sea fleet is based.
Russia's Black Sea fleet had earlier on Friday denied any role in the seizure of a military airport near Sevastopol.
(Reporting By Pavel Polityuk, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll