Russian helicopters fly over Crimea - Ukraine border guards
KIEV Feb 28 (Reuters) - More than 10 Russian military helicopters flew from Russia into Ukrainian airspace over the Crimea region on Friday, the Ukrainian border guard service said on Friday.
It also said in a statement that Russian servicemen were blocking off a unit of Ukrainian border guards in the port city of Sevastopol, where part of the Russian Black Sea fleet is based.
Russia's Black Sea fleet had earlier on Friday denied any role in the seizure of a military airport near Sevastopol.
(Reporting By Pavel Polityuk, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- China hands drugmaker GSK record $489 million fine for paying bribes
- Salmond concedes defeat, demands more Scottish powers fast
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?