U.S. seeks to link IMF quota reforms to Ukraine package
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Tuesday asked Congress to include a long-sought measure to increase the International Monetary Fund's financial power to a package of economic aid to Ukraine.
Democrats and Republicans on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee are preparing legislation to provide at least $1 billion in loan guarantees to support Ukraine's economy.
The U.S. Treasury Department is asking Congress to also include legislation that would double the IMF's resources and thereby allow countries like Ukraine access to a bigger pool of potential aid.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |