White House says oil reserve sale separate from Russia dispute
WASHINGTON, March 12
WASHINGTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The White House said the Department of Energy's sale of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve announced on Wednesday was an operational test and was not related to the dispute with Russia over Ukraine.
"This action is taken consistent with the requirements by law of the DOE to evaluate the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and its drawdown capacity," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. (Reporting By Mark Felsenthal; Editing by Sandra Maler and David Storey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Blind joins while Manchester United wait on Falcao
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores