Tennis-Djokovic beats Federer in Indian Wells final
March 16 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic beat his old rival Roger Federer 3-6 6-3 7-6(3) on Sunday to win a nailbiting BNP Paribas Open final at Indian Wells.
The Serbian overcame a shaky start when he dropped the first set, then had a nervous finish when he failed to serve out the match before coming from behind to clinch his first title of 2014.
The thrilling victory also gave Djokovic his third championship in the Californian desert tournament and lifted his career tally to 42 titles.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Argentine markets fall post-default, New York hearing on Friday