Tennis-Djokovic beats Federer in Indian Wells final
March 16 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic beat his old rival Roger Federer 3-6 6-3 7-6(3) on Sunday to win a nailbiting BNP Paribas Open final at Indian Wells.
The Serbian overcame a shaky start when he dropped the first set, then had a nervous finish when he failed to serve out the match before coming from behind to clinch his first title of 2014.
The thrilling victory also gave Djokovic his third championship in the Californian desert tournament and lifted his career tally to 42 titles.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso missing
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- British manufacturing emerges from years in the shadows