Tennis-Del Potro withdraws from Miami with wrist injury
MIAMI, March 19
MIAMI, March 19 (Reuters) - World number eight Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from the Sony Open due to a nagging wrist injury, the ATP Tour said on Wednesday.
The injury also forced the 25-year-old Argentine to pull out of the BNP Paribas Open two weeks ago at Indian Wells.
In six visits to the Miami event, Del Potro had reached the fourth round three times and the semi-finals in 2009 the same year he claimed his only grand slam title at the U.S. Open.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- RBS places restrictions on lending in Russia
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal