South Africa platinum strike causing 'irreparable' damage - producers
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Platinum producers Anglo American Platinum (AMSJ.J), Impala Platinum (IMPJ.J) and Lonmin (LMI.L) said on Tuesday a strike now in its ninth week at their South African mines was causing irreparable damage to the sector and local economy.
Wage talks between the companies and the striking AMCU union have broken down, although the world's top three platinum producers said they were open to discussions "within a reasonable settlement zone".
(Reporting by Xola Potelwa; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Salmond says Scots tricked out of independence
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |