South Africa platinum strike causing 'irreparable' damage - producers
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Platinum producers Anglo American Platinum (AMSJ.J), Impala Platinum (IMPJ.J) and Lonmin (LMI.L) said on Tuesday a strike now in its ninth week at their South African mines was causing irreparable damage to the sector and local economy.
Wage talks between the companies and the striking AMCU union have broken down, although the world's top three platinum producers said they were open to discussions "within a reasonable settlement zone".
(Reporting by Xola Potelwa; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |