South Africa platinum strike causing 'irreparable' damage - producers
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Platinum producers Anglo American Platinum (AMSJ.J), Impala Platinum (IMPJ.J) and Lonmin (LMI.L) said on Tuesday a strike now in its ninth week at their South African mines was causing irreparable damage to the sector and local economy.
Wage talks between the companies and the striking AMCU union have broken down, although the world's top three platinum producers said they were open to discussions "within a reasonable settlement zone".
(Reporting by Xola Potelwa; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers