Turkey blocked YouTube over purported Syria leak: source
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey blocked YouTube as a precaution after voice recordings purportedly of senior officials discussing a potential military operation in Syria created "a national security issue", a source at the prime minister's office said on Thursday.
The source said that Turkey was in talks with the video sharing platform and may lift the ban if YouTube agreed to remove the content.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun, Writing by Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media