Turkey blocked YouTube over purported Syria leak: source
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey blocked YouTube as a precaution after voice recordings purportedly of senior officials discussing a potential military operation in Syria created "a national security issue", a source at the prime minister's office said on Thursday.
The source said that Turkey was in talks with the video sharing platform and may lift the ban if YouTube agreed to remove the content.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun, Writing by Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius jailed for five years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia