Tennis-Nishikori pulls out of Miami semi with groin injury
MIAMI, March 28
MIAMI, March 28 (Reuters) - World number two Novak Djokovic received a walkover into the final of Sony Open on Friday after Japan's Kei Nishikori withdrew with a groin injury.
Nishikori had reached the last four after registering a pair of three-set upsets over Spanish fourth seed David Ferrer in fourth round followed by a quarter-final win over Swiss 17-times grand slam winner Roger Federer.
The ATP Tour made the announcement an hour before the 20th seeded Nishikori was about to take to centre court.
Djokovic, a three-time winner on the Miami hardcourts, will now await the winner of the other semi-final between world number one Rafa Nadal and Tomas Berdych. (Reporting by Steve Keating in Miami. Editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- WRAPUP 3-British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report
- Germany: Russia sanctions, Ukraine probably contributed to Q2 contraction