Tennis-Williams beats Li to claim seventh Miami title
MIAMI, March 29
MIAMI, March 29 (Reuters) - World number one Serena Williams beat China's Li Na 7-5 6-1 in the final of the Sony Open on Saturday to claim a record seventh title on the Miami hardcourts.
In a battle between the world's two top players, Williams continued her domination over the second ranked Li, needing two hours on centre court to run her record to 11-1 against the Australian Open champion. (Reporting by Steve Keating in Miami. Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Insight - Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Bank of England backs flagship government mortgage guarantee scheme