Tennis-Williams beats Li to claim seventh Miami title
MIAMI, March 29
MIAMI, March 29 (Reuters) - World number one Serena Williams beat China's Li Na 7-5 6-1 in the final of the Sony Open on Saturday to claim a record seventh title on the Miami hardcourts.
In a battle between the world's two top players, Williams continued her domination over the second ranked Li, needing two hours on centre court to run her record to 11-1 against the Australian Open champion. (Reporting by Steve Keating in Miami. Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting