Soccer-Dead sheep at Hanover training causes stir ahead of derby
BERLIN, April 4
BERLIN, April 4 (Reuters) - Hanover 96 officials on Friday found a dead sheep hanging from a fence around their training pitch as the team prepares for the Lower Saxony derby against Eintracht Braunschweig on Sunday.
The dead sheep, painted green which is Hanover's club colour, was tied to and hanging from the fence with a sign next to it reading: "On Sunday your time is up, you filthy animals."
The incident does little to defuse tension, with police already on alert for crowd trouble ahead of one of the biggest regional rivalries.
"It was a despicable act of some individuals. It is unacceptable and perverse," Hanover sports director Dirk Dufner told reporters.
It was not clear who had hung the sheep there and the police were informed.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam