Russia has other options if West shuns its energy, deputy PM says
BERLIN (Reuters) - Russia is a reliable energy supplier to western countries but it has other potential partners if they turn elsewhere for oil and gas in response to the Ukraine crisis, First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov said on Thursday.
At an event in Berlin, Shuvalov also said that imposing sanctions on Russia would not change the behaviour of President Vladimir Putin and that the tougher sanctions were, the more united Russian society would become.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Argentine President said received Islamic State threats
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked team attacked despite lockdown