BMW steps up production of i3 electric car for U.S.
FRANKFURT, April 15
FRANKFURT, April 15 (Reuters) - BMW has ramped up production of its i3 electric car to 100 vehicles a day, ahead of its launch in the United States this month, board member Harald Krueger said.
"The United States will be the biggest market for the i3. Because of this, we have started raising production levels and are currently at around 100 cars a day," Krueger said in an emailed statement on Tuesday.
A BMW spokesman said that production levels at the factory in Leipzig, Germany, had previously stood at about 70 vehicles a day.
So far BMW has produced 5,000 i3 electric cars and has received orders for more than 11,000 vehicles, a spokesman said. (Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by David Goodman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |