Tennis-Djokovic set to become a dad
LONDON, April 24
LONDON, April 24 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic is set to become a father after announcing on Thursday that he and fiancee Jelena Ristic are expecting their first child.
"Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!," the world number two and six-times grand slam champion wrote on Facebook.
Djokovic, who got engaged to Ristic last September, is set to join Swiss players Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka as the only members of the current world top 10 with children.
Federer, who had twins with wife Mirka in 2009, is expecting a third child in the coming weeks.
Serbian Djokovic is currently recovering from a wrist injury and recently played down fears he could miss the French Open, the only grand slam missing from his collection. (Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Martyn herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll
- Silent Europe aghast at possible breakup of Britain
- Russia, Egypt seal preliminary arms deal worth $3.5 billion - agency