Tennis-Djokovic set to become a dad
LONDON, April 24
LONDON, April 24 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic is set to become a father after announcing on Thursday that he and fiancee Jelena Ristic are expecting their first child.
"Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!," the world number two and six-times grand slam champion wrote on Facebook.
Djokovic, who got engaged to Ristic last September, is set to join Swiss players Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka as the only members of the current world top 10 with children.
Federer, who had twins with wife Mirka in 2009, is expecting a third child in the coming weeks.
Serbian Djokovic is currently recovering from a wrist injury and recently played down fears he could miss the French Open, the only grand slam missing from his collection. (Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Martyn herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports