Tennis-France to host Czech Republic in Davis Cup at Roland Garros
PARIS, April 28
PARIS, April 28 (Reuters) - France will play their Davis Cup semi-final against holders Czech Republic at Roland Garros, home of the French Open, the French Tennis Federation said on Monday.
France, who beat Germany in the quarter-finals, have opted to play the Sept 12-14 tie on the Philippe Chatrier clay court at Roland Garros for the first time since 2002.
The Roland Garros stadium was built in 1928 to host the Davis Cup final between France and the United States.
Since France beat the U.S. in the 2002 semi-final, the Fed Cup team has also played at Roland Garros, losing against Russia in the 2005 final.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius jailed for five years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia