Tennis-Open-Radwanska rolls into second round in Paris
PARIS May 25 (Reuters) - Polish third seed Agnieszka Radwanska capitalised on Chinese Zhang Shuai's meltdown and advanced into the second round of the French Open with a 6-3 6-0 win on Sunday.
As clouds rapidly gathered over Court Philippe Chatrier on a chilly morning, the first seven games went against serve before Radwanska bagged the remaining eight games.
She ended her hapless opponent's ordeal on the first match point with a fine volley to set up a meeting with Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic or French wildcard Mathilde Johansson.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |