Tennis-Australian Open champion Wawrinka knocked out in Paris
PARIS May 26 (Reuters) - Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka was knocked out in the first round of the French Open by Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain on Monday.
Garcia-Lopez won 6-4 5-7 6-2 6-0 against the third-seeded Swiss on the Philippe Chatrier show court.
Wawrinka led 3-1 in the first set before losing it on the Spaniard's first set point by hitting long. He pulled level in the second set but he made 62 unforced errors on a heavy clay surface in Paris.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Special Report - Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |