Tennis-Australian Open champion Wawrinka knocked out in Paris
PARIS May 26 (Reuters) - Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka was knocked out in the first round of the French Open by Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain on Monday.
Garcia-Lopez won 6-4 5-7 6-2 6-0 against the third-seeded Swiss on the Philippe Chatrier show court.
Wawrinka led 3-1 in the first set before losing it on the Spaniard's first set point by hitting long. He pulled level in the second set but he made 62 unforced errors on a heavy clay surface in Paris.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |