Tennis-Djokovic drops set but advances into fourth round in Paris
PARIS May 30 (Reuters) - World No.2 Novak Djokovic overcame a minor scare to beat Croatian 25th seed Marin Cilic 6-3 6-2 6-7(2) 6-4 and advance into the fourth round of the French Open on Friday.
Djokovic, chasing the only grand slam title to elude him, was in complete control until the end of the third set, when the big-serving Cilic forced him to a tiebreak, which the six-times grand slam champion lost 7-2.
Normal service resumed afterwards and Djokovic, although not playing his best tennis, finished it off on Cilic's serve when the Croatian double faulted.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |