Tennis-Djokovic drops set but advances into fourth round in Paris
PARIS May 30 (Reuters) - World No.2 Novak Djokovic overcame a minor scare to beat Croatian 25th seed Marin Cilic 6-3 6-2 6-7(2) 6-4 and advance into the fourth round of the French Open on Friday.
Djokovic, chasing the only grand slam title to elude him, was in complete control until the end of the third set, when the big-serving Cilic forced him to a tiebreak, which the six-times grand slam champion lost 7-2.
Normal service resumed afterwards and Djokovic, although not playing his best tennis, finished it off on Cilic's serve when the Croatian double faulted.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again