Tennis-Nadal crushes Lajovic to set up Ferrer clash
PARIS, June 2
PARIS, June 2 (Reuters) - Defending champion Rafa Nadal dismantled unseeded Serbian Dusan Lajovic 6-1 6-2 6-1 on Monday to set up a French Open quarter-final clash with fellow Spaniard David Ferrer in a repeat of last year's final.
Eight-times champion and world No.1 Nadal improved his Roland Garros win-loss record to a remarkable 63-1 to advance having not dropped a set in Paris this year.
World No. 83 Lajovic, who had not previously lost a set on his French Open debut, quickly went 5-0 down and never recovered, also losing the first four games of the second set to love.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |