Tennis-Halep beats Petkovic to reach first grand slam final
PARIS, June 5
PARIS, June 5 (Reuters) - Simona Halep reached her first grand slam final when she beat Germany's Andrea Petkovic 6-2 7-6(4) in the semi-finals of the French Open on Thursday.
The Romanian fourth seed, who will face 2012 champion and last year's runner-up Maria Sharapova on Saturday, blazed through the opening set as her 28th-seeded opponent struggled with early nerves.
She fell a break down in the second but recovered to force a tiebreak which she always controlled.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- Shares jump, yen slumps as Bank of Japan cranks up stimulus |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal