Tennis-Halep beats Petkovic to reach first grand slam final
PARIS, June 5
PARIS, June 5 (Reuters) - Simona Halep reached her first grand slam final when she beat Germany's Andrea Petkovic 6-2 7-6(4) in the semi-finals of the French Open on Thursday.
The Romanian fourth seed, who will face 2012 champion and last year's runner-up Maria Sharapova on Saturday, blazed through the opening set as her 28th-seeded opponent struggled with early nerves.
She fell a break down in the second but recovered to force a tiebreak which she always controlled.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day