AT&T to be exclusive carrier for Amazon smartphone - WSJ
(Reuters) - AT&T Inc will exclusively carry Amazon.com Inc's long-rumored smartphone that is expected to be launched on Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the plans.
Amazon.com revived speculation about its next major product earlier this month, using a mysterious YouTube video and website post to announce a June 18 "launch event" in Seattle to be hosted by Chief Executive Jeff Bezos.
The Journal and several tech blogs have reported that Amazon may be working on a phone with a three-dimensional display.
AT&T was the exclusive partner of Apple Inc when it launched the iPhone in 2007.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll