UPDATE 1-Tennis-Play resumes on outside courts at Wimbledon
LONDON, June 28
LONDON, June 28 (Reuters) - Play resumed at Wimbledon on all courts following a four-hour rain delay on Saturday.
With light rain falling over the All England Club, it meant only those holding Centre Court tickets could watch any live action as organisers closed the retractable roof.
Among those left frustrated was world number one Serena Williams, whose match against Alize Cornet on Court One was halted at 1-1 in the first set.
The men's singles third round matches between Stanislas Wawrinka and Denis Istomin and Feliciano Lopez and John Isner were both cancelled and will be played on Monday. (Editing by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- Nonplussed Lampard rewrites his Chelsea story with City goal
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum