Tennis-Kvitova wins Wimbledon title
LONDON, July 5
LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Petra Kvitova ended Eugenie Bouchard's hopes of becoming the first Canadian to win a grand slam title with a 6-3 6-0 win in the Wimbledon final on Saturday.
The Czech captured her second title at the All England Club having also lifted the Rosewater Dish in 2011.
(Editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Tennis-Monday's order of play at U.S. Open