Tennis-Kvitova wins Wimbledon title
LONDON, July 5
LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Petra Kvitova ended Eugenie Bouchard's hopes of becoming the first Canadian to win a grand slam title with a 6-3 6-0 win in the Wimbledon final on Saturday.
The Czech captured her second title at the All England Club having also lifted the Rosewater Dish in 2011.
(Editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |