Tennis-Kvitova wins Wimbledon title
LONDON, July 5
LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Petra Kvitova ended Eugenie Bouchard's hopes of becoming the first Canadian to win a grand slam title with a 6-3 6-0 win in the Wimbledon final on Saturday.
The Czech captured her second title at the All England Club having also lifted the Rosewater Dish in 2011.
(Editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |