Tennis-Kvitova wins Wimbledon title
LONDON, July 5
LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Petra Kvitova ended Eugenie Bouchard's hopes of becoming the first Canadian to win a grand slam title with a 6-3 6-0 win in the Wimbledon final on Saturday.
The Czech captured her second title at the All England Club having also lifted the Rosewater Dish in 2011.
(Editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles