Champion Froome out of Tour de France
ARENBERG PORTE DU HAINAUT France
ARENBERG PORTE DU HAINAUT France (Reuters) - Defending champion Chris Froome pulled out of the Tour de France on Wednesday after crashing during the fifth stage.
The Briton appeared to be in great pain after falling for the second time, some 70 km from the finish, and did not get back on his bike. He instead got into his Team Sky car and retired.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner
- LVMH's TAG Heuer has plans for smartwatch - paper
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |