Champion Froome out of Tour de France
ARENBERG PORTE DU HAINAUT France
ARENBERG PORTE DU HAINAUT France (Reuters) - Defending champion Chris Froome pulled out of the Tour de France on Wednesday after crashing during the fifth stage.
The Briton appeared to be in great pain after falling for the second time, some 70 km from the finish, and did not get back on his bike. He instead got into his Team Sky car and retired.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |