Thirty Ukrainian troops possibly killed in rebel missile attack- government adviser
KIEV, July 11
KIEV, July 11 (Reuters) - A separatist rebel attack with Grad missiles in eastern Ukraine may have killed as many as 30 soldiers and border guards on Friday and final casualties may be even higher, said Zoryan Shkyryak, an adviser to Interior Minister Arseny Avakov.
"Up to thirty (were killed). It is not excluded that the number of victims will rise because these blood-thirsty scum despicably shot from Grad (missile) systems and there is destruction," he said speaking at a news conference.
(Reporting by Naalia Zinets, Writing by Thomas Grove; editing by Richard Balmforth)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Ukraine rebels say they are poised to recapture Donetsk airport |