Tennis-Halep wins Bucharest title
July 13 (Reuters) - Home favourite Simona Halep beat Roberta Vinci 6-1 6-3 to win the inaugural Bucharest Open on Sunday - the Romanian's second title of the year.
The world number three needed little more than an hour to wrap up the final against the second seeded Italian.
Vinci did threaten a comeback when she led 2-0 at the start of the second set, but Halep swept past her to march to the title - holding serve to love to close it out.
The Wimbledon semi-finalist will need to go some to match her 2013 season when she won six titles.
In Austria, Germany's Andrea Petkovic claimed the Bad Gastein title, ending the dream run of rising American star Shelby Rogers 6-3 6-3. (Reporting by Martyn Herman, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- RBS warns of material impact from Scottish independence