Tennis-Halep wins Bucharest title
July 13 (Reuters) - Home favourite Simona Halep beat Roberta Vinci 6-1 6-3 to win the inaugural Bucharest Open on Sunday - the Romanian's second title of the year.
The world number three needed little more than an hour to wrap up the final against the second seeded Italian.
Vinci did threaten a comeback when she led 2-0 at the start of the second set, but Halep swept past her to march to the title - holding serve to love to close it out.
The Wimbledon semi-finalist will need to go some to match her 2013 season when she won six titles.
In Austria, Germany's Andrea Petkovic claimed the Bad Gastein title, ending the dream run of rising American star Shelby Rogers 6-3 6-3. (Reporting by Martyn Herman, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients