Australia's NAB sells $1 billion UK property loan portfolio
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - National Australia Bank Ltd has agreed to sell a 625 million pound ($1.06 billion) portfolio of mostly non-performing UK commercial property loans to private equity firm Cerberus Global Investors.
NAB said on Monday the sale would generate a small gain on net book value would release about 127 million pounds in capital for the group, which owns the Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks in the United Kingdom.
The UK business has been a drag on the Australian company's earnings for many years.
The sale will cut NAB's gross loans balance in its UK commercial real estate portfolio by a fifth to 2.38 billion pounds and cut gross impaired loans by nearly half.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, Salmond resigns |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- China hands drugmaker GSK record $489 million fine for paying bribes
- Austrian leader says Putin sees progress in Ukraine crisis