Tennis-Dimitrov, Monfils out of Washington tournament
July 27 (Reuters) - Grigor Dimitrov and Gael Monfils have withdrawn from this week's Citi Open Tournament, it was announced on Sunday.
Dimitrov, who was the No. 3 seed, was diagnosed with flu and sinus infection.
"We will miss having Grigor as a part of this year's tournament, but his health is priority number one," said Jeff Newman, tournament director. "We hope he gets better quickly and wish him great success for the rest of the year."
Monfils withdraws for the second straight week because of a knee injury.
The Citi Open is the second tournament in the U.S. Open series which offers a $1 million bonus at the U.S. Open for the player at the top of the standings. (Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia