Tennis-Nadal withdraws from Rogers Cup with wrist injury
TORONTO, July 30
TORONTO, July 30 (Reuters) - Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from the Aug. 2-10 Rogers Cup in Toronto due to a right wrist injury, the tournament's defending champion said on Wednesday.
"Unfortunately I injured myself yesterday during practice and after checking with my doctors I will have to stay out of competition for at least 2-3 weeks," the world number two said in a statement.
"I am sorry to the tournament and to all of the fans." (Reporting by Steve Keating; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius jailed for five years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia