Tennis-Nadal withdraws from Rogers Cup with wrist injury
TORONTO, July 30
TORONTO, July 30 (Reuters) - Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from the Aug. 2-10 Rogers Cup in Toronto due to a right wrist injury, the tournament's defending champion said on Wednesday.
"Unfortunately I injured myself yesterday during practice and after checking with my doctors I will have to stay out of competition for at least 2-3 weeks," the world number two said in a statement.
"I am sorry to the tournament and to all of the fans." (Reporting by Steve Keating; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |