Tennis-China's Li ruled out of U.S. Open
July 31 (Reuters) - China's world number two Li Na has been ruled out of next month's U.S. Open with a knee injury, she said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old Li, who won her second grand slam title at this year's Australian Open, was knocked out in the first round of the French Open and in the third round at Wimbledon.
"Since March, I have been struggling with my knee and it is just not where I need it to be in order to play at the highest level," Li said on Facebook.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Siemens splurges $7.6 billion on Dresser-Rand in U.S. shale market bet |
- Alibaba issues additional shares to raise IPO total to $25 billion - report