Tennis-China's Li ruled out of U.S. Open
July 31 (Reuters) - China's world number two Li Na has been ruled out of next month's U.S. Open with a knee injury, she said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old Li, who won her second grand slam title at this year's Australian Open, was knocked out in the first round of the French Open and in the third round at Wimbledon.
"Since March, I have been struggling with my knee and it is just not where I need it to be in order to play at the highest level," Li said on Facebook.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Hungary plans to impose new tax on Internet traffic
- Special Report - Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade