Steaua, three others hit with partial stadium closures
LONDON (Reuters) - Steaua Bucharest are one of four clubs ordered by UEFA to close part of their stadium following racist behaviour from supporters, the European governing body said on Tuesday.
As well as the Romanian club, Hungary's Debrecen, FC Chikhura Sachkhere (Georgia) and NK Maribor (Slovenia) have all been punished for various incidents of a racial nature.
The incidents involving Steaua, Debrecen and Maribor all occurred during Champions League second qualifying round matches, while Chikhura Sachkhere were in Europa League action.
All four will have to play their next home European matches with sections of their stadiums closed.
(Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |