Sailors rescued after 80 boats capsize in Northern Ireland storm
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Northern Ireland's coastguard launched a rescue operation on Monday after around 80 small sailing boats capsized during a storm.
A spokeswoman for the coastguard said all of 97 sailors involved had been rescued.
The incident took place in strong winds on Strangford Lough during a world championship race for GP14 class dinghies.
At least 10 people were injured and treated at the scene.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |