Sailors rescued after 80 boats capsize in Northern Ireland storm
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Northern Ireland's coastguard launched a rescue operation on Monday after around 80 small sailing boats capsized during a storm.
A spokeswoman for the coastguard said all of 97 sailors involved had been rescued.
The incident took place in strong winds on Strangford Lough during a world championship race for GP14 class dinghies.
At least 10 people were injured and treated at the scene.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva shares fall, Friends Life jumps seven percent on merger news |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- Telefonica in talks to sell O2 to BT - report