Sailors rescued after 80 boats capsize in Northern Ireland storm
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Northern Ireland's coastguard launched a rescue operation on Monday after around 80 small sailing boats capsized during a storm.
A spokeswoman for the coastguard said all of 97 sailors involved had been rescued.
The incident took place in strong winds on Strangford Lough during a world championship race for GP14 class dinghies.
At least 10 people were injured and treated at the scene.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |