Sailors rescued after 80 boats capsize in Northern Ireland storm
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Northern Ireland's coastguard launched a rescue operation on Monday after around 80 small sailing boats capsized during a storm.
A spokeswoman for the coastguard said all of 97 sailors involved had been rescued.
The incident took place in strong winds on Strangford Lough during a world championship race for GP14 class dinghies.
At least 10 people were injured and treated at the scene.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |