Sailors rescued after 80 boats capsize in Northern Ireland storm
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Northern Ireland's coastguard launched a rescue operation on Monday after around 80 small sailing boats capsized during a storm.
A spokeswoman for the coastguard said all of 97 sailors involved had been rescued.
The incident took place in strong winds on Strangford Lough during a world championship race for GP14 class dinghies.
At least 10 people were injured and treated at the scene.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam