BUCHAREST Feb 15 Romanian lender Banca
* Says records net profit of 1.23 billion lei ($288.97
million) in 2016, down 49 percent from the previous year when
the acquisition of Volksbank helped its profit surge.
* Says Banca Transilvania Group's overall profit stood at
1.28 billion lei.
* Says non-performing loans represented 4.62 percent of its
total loan portfolio at the end of 2016, sharply down from 9.75
percent at the end of 2015.
* Says coverage of non-performing loans with related
provisions and mortgage collateral remains at a comfortable
level of 117.5 percent and in line with the bank's risk
* Says its total assets rose 9.4 percent on the year to 51.8
* Says its solvency ratio was 18.5 percent (15.69 percent
* Board chairman Horia Ciorcila: "We will continue to grow
organically, by funding the Romanian economy, making use of the
competitive advantage of local decision making. On the other
hand, I think market consolidation will continue and we are open
and interested in potential acquisitions, but any such decision
will be rational and will need to make sense for us." Further
company coverage: ROTLV.BX
($1 = 4.2565 lei)