May 30 (Reuters) - Denbury Resources Inc
* Denbury Resources to acquire interest in Rockies CO2 Flood
* Deal for $71.5 million
* Denbury plans to initially fund acquisition with its bank line
* Says estimated capital costs for 2017 are approximately $5 million
* Net production for acquired interest is currently estimated at 2,100 barrels per day and is expected to increase over next several years
* Anticipates deal's cost would ultimately be offset through sale of non-productive surface acreage
* Expects to recognize an additional 9 mmbbls of proved undeveloped reserves based on current development plans for acquired interest
* Denbury Resources says "acquisition builds on our goal of resuming production growth by 2018"
* Acquisition's price "should improve our credit metrics in near term"
* Entered into agreement with certain units of Linn Energy to acquire their 23% non-operated working interest in salt creek field in Wyoming Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: