March 14 FNAC/Deezer:
* Music, books and electrical goods retailer FNAC and music
streaming site Deezer announce strategic alliance
* FNAC says it could end up as a shareholder of Deezer
* In January 2016, Deezer said it had raised 100 million
euros from shareholders such as French telecoms group Orange
and Access Industries, the holding of tycoon Len
* Deezer competes against the likes of Spotify and Apple
* Although growing rapidly, streaming services are as yet
unprofitable, as they have high costs for licensing music and
face challenges persuading people to upgrade from free versions.
They have also been criticised by artists such as pop star
Taylor Swift for not paying them enough.