May 16 (Reuters) - Grieg Seafood Asa and Norway Royal Salmon
* Have joined forces to ensure smolt capacity in Finnmark by entering as owners of Nordnorsk Smolt as with 50 per cent each
* Says the plant has a production capacity of 800 tonnes per year, corresponding to an annual production of about 3.2 million fish weighing 250 grams
* Transaction values company at an enterprise value (ev) of approximately NOK 100 million
* Says the acquisition will "ensure good access to big smolt which will contribute to better production optimization and shorter production time in sea"
* Says the investment is in accordance with companies' strategy to strengthen smolt production Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Joachim Dagenborg)