May 12 John Menzies Plc
* Says group has had a positive start to year, continuing to
make good progress against our strategic objectives.
* Says at Menzies Aviation, underlying business is
performing well with solid revenue growth in period of 12
percent on a constant currency basis.
* Menzies Distribution overall sales decline of 3.1 percent
in first four months of year, against year ago, is broadly in
line with forecasts.
* Says rate of decline within magazine market is sharper
* Says proposed deal to combine Menzies Distribution with DX
continues to move forward positively.
* Says remains confident of a conclusion to deal during
summer.Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage:
(Reporting By Simon Jessop)