April 17 (Reuters) - Arconic Inc:
* Klaus Kleinfeld steps down as chair and CEO of Arconic
* Arconic Inc - Patricia F. Russo, lead director, appointed to serve as interim chair
* Arconic Inc says Patricia F. Russo, lead director, appointed to serve as interim chair
* Arconic Inc - David P. Hess, Arconic board member, appointed to serve as interim CEO
* Arconic Inc- David P. Hess has been appointed as interim CEO of Arconic
* Arconic - Kleinfeld stepped down after board learned that, without authorization by board, Kleinfeld sent letter directly to Elliott management
* Arconic - board continues to believe that under Kleinfeld's leadership, co successfully executed "improved business performance"
* Arconic Inc - "board reaffirms strategy developed under Mr. Kleinfeld's leadership"
* Arconic - CEO's decision to step down was not made in response to proxy fight or Elliott Management's criticisms of co's strategy Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: