April 10 (Reuters) - Istar Inc
* Safety, Income and Growth Inc files for IPO of up to $100 million - SEC filing
* Safety, Income and Growth Inc - to apply to have common stock listed on New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "SFTY"
* Safety, Income and Growth - intends to elect to qualify as real estate investment trust, for U.S. Federal Income Tax purposes
* Safety, Income and Growth - BofA Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan and Barclays are underwriters to the IPO
* Safety Income & Growth Inc - co will be externally managed by SFTY Manager LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Istar Inc
* Safety Income & Growth Inc - concurrently with completion of IPO, will sell $45 million in shares of co's common stock in private placement to Istar Inc
* Safety Income & Growth Inc - proposed IPO price is an estimate solely for purpose of calculating SEC registration fee Source: (bit.ly/2nZynYM) Further company coverage: