1 Min Read
April 11 (Reuters) - Seadrill Ltd
* north atlantic drilling announces contract awards for the West Wlara and the West Linus
* Total additional backlog for new contract awards is estimated at $1.4 billion excluding performance bonuses.
* As part of agreement, company has agreed to a dayrate adjustment on existing west linus contract effective from april 2017, resulting in a $58 million reduction in current backlog.
* New west elara contract which is expected to commence in october 2017 includes a period of fixed dayrates until march 2020 and contributes approximately $160 million of contract backlog. A
* Contract on west linus has been extended from may 2019 until end of 2028 at a market indexed dayrate, which company believes will contribute an estimated $706 million of contract backlog.
* Work is for ConocoPhillips at the Ekofisk field off Norway. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Gwladys Fouche)