April 20 (Reuters) - S&P:
* Republic Of El Salvador sovereign credit ratings lowered to 'SD' on missed pension debt payments
* Says lowering to 'SD' from 'CCC-' our long-term foreign currency and local currency sovereign credit ratings of El Salvador
* Says affirming El Salvador's issue credit rating on the foreign currency senior unsecured debt at 'CCC-'
* Lowered El Salvador issuer credit ratings to 'SD' because government did not make missed payments during 5 business days that S&P imputes grace period
* Says affirmed El Salvador's existing issue credit ratings on foreign currency senior unsecured debt at 'CCC-' because the debt is not in default
* Says removed El Salvador's ratings from creditwatch with negative implications
* T&C assessment remains 'AAA' because expect El Salvador to continue to use U.S. dollar as its currency Source text : bit.ly/2pIaSrm