BRIEF-Ericsson appoints Erik Ekudden as new CTO
* Says Ekudden will be responsible for building on Ericsson's strength in technology to support new and existing customers, focusing on innovation to transform the networks for the future
May 4 Telia
* Result of placing of ordinary shares in Turkcell
* Says has agreed to sell an aggregate of 155 million ordinary shares in turkcell at a price of TRY11.45 per ordinary share, raising gross proceeds of TRY1,775 million (equivalent to approximately SEK 4,426 million)
* Following the completion of the placing and the sale, Telia Company will own 31.0 percent of the issued share capital of Turkcell, that includes a 7.0 percent direct stake and a 24.0 percent indirect stake. After the placing, Telia Company will continue to be the largest shareholder in Turkcell in economic terms. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Stockholm Newsroom)
* March quarter net profit 6.3 million rupees versus 2.1 million rupees year ago
BRUSSELS, May 30 French media group Vivendi won EU antitrust approval on Tuesday for its plan to gain control of Telecom Italia after pledging to sell the telecoms operator's majority stake in broadcasting services group Persidera.