April 5 (Reuters) -
* U.S. Food and Drug Administration nominee Dr. Scott
Gottlieb says he believes opportunities exist for clinical
trials that "don't require the tight randomization" current
clinical trials do.
* Gottlieb says he would be willing to "speak truth to
power" to argue if needed that there is "no causal link" between
vaccines and autism.
* Gottlieb says opioid addiction epidemic is a public health
emergency "on the order of Ebola and Zika."
* Gottlieb says he is "uniquely qualified" to prevent
companies from using "regulatory arbitrage" to gain commercial
* Gottlieb says certain flavored vaping or e-cigarette
products "might be inappropriate in one context and not in
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage: [ ]
(Reporting by Toni Clarke)