WHO says India reports cases of Zika virus
NEW DELHI, May 27 India has reported cases of the Zika virus, the World Health Organization said, adding that efforts should be made to strengthen surveillance.
April 5 (Reuters) -
* U.S. Food and Drug Administration nominee Dr. Scott Gottlieb says he believes opportunities exist for clinical trials that "don't require the tight randomization" current clinical trials do.
* Gottlieb says he would be willing to "speak truth to power" to argue if needed that there is "no causal link" between vaccines and autism.
* Gottlieb says opioid addiction epidemic is a public health emergency "on the order of Ebola and Zika."
* Gottlieb says he is "uniquely qualified" to prevent companies from using "regulatory arbitrage" to gain commercial advantage.
* Gottlieb says certain flavored vaping or e-cigarette products "might be inappropriate in one context and not in another." Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: [ ] (Reporting by Toni Clarke)
BOSTON, May 26 CVS Health Corp's Omnicare unit has agreed to pay $23 million to resolve a whistleblower lawsuit alleging that it took kickbacks from a drugmaker to promote two antidepressants, according to settlement papers released on Friday.
* On May 26 co entered into amended and restated at-market offering program sales agreement with Cowen and Company