PRESS DIGEST- Canada-June 22
June 22 The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
May 25 Vulcan Materials Co
* Vulcan announces agreement to acquire Aggregates USA LLC
* Deal for $900 million in cash
* Vulcan Materials Co says expects transaction to be accretive to company's earnings per share in first year following close
* Reached a definitive agreement with SPO Partners to acquire its Aggregates business, Aggregates USA LLC
* Acquisition complements and expands Vulcan's service offerings in Georgia with three granite quarries
* Acquisition includes 12 limestone quarries in Eastern Tennessee and Southwest Virginia
* Vulcan may divest several quarries in Tennessee to a third party in order to expedite regulatory approval process Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
PARIS, June 22 Airbus said on Thursday two Iranian airlines had committed to buying 73 planes in a last-minute flurry of deals for the European planemaker at the Paris Airshow.
BRASILIA, June 22 Braskem SA, Latin America's largest petrochemical company, will invest $675 million to build a sixth U.S.-based polypropylene-production plant, the company said on Wednesday.