April 13 The following are the top stories in
the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and
does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Real wages grow at slowest rate since 2014 on.ft.com/2o7mQGO
* Largest UK gas storage base shut to new supplies for a
* Broadband providers told to improve customer service on.ft.com/2o7rEvJ
* Real wages in Britain grew at the slowest rate since 2014
during the three months ending in February, according to Labour
market data published by the Office for National Statistics.
* Britain's largest natural gas storage site will not be
available for new supplies for about another year. Centrica Plc
, the owner of British Gas, said on Wednesday that its
Rough storage facility at Yorkshire coast would not be receiving
new gas injections until May 2018 because of concerns about the
integrity of its aging wells.
* Britain's broadband internet companies must hugely raise
the bar of their customer service, the regulator Ofcom has
warned, after revealing that some providers had deliberately
made their service worse in 2016.
(Compiled by Bhanu Pratap in Bengaluru; Editing by Bill Trott)