2 Min Read
June 7 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Vivendi firms up offer for Groupe Bolloré’s Havas stake on.ft.com/2rzbIXt
* Burberry slips on worries over sales momentum on.ft.com/2ryY1YJ
* New funding values Pinterest at $12.3 bln on.ft.com/2ryMA2R
* Uber fires more than 20 employees after harassment probe on.ft.com/2ryRTj5
- Vivendi SA inked a purchase agreement with Groupe Bolloré for its 60 percent stake in Havas SA at 9.25 euros a share. Vivendi intends to make an offer for the remaining stake in Havas, once the deal is finalised.
- Burberry Group Plc had its sharpest sales fall in six weeks. Cost savings are protecting Burberry’s short-term earnings but “luxury stocks work on sales momentum, not cost containment”, argued HSBC, which downgraded the stock to “reduce.”
- Pinterest enhanced its valuation more than 10 percent to $12.3 billion in a new funding round. It closed $150 million of funding from existing investors who include Silicon Valley venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz and SV Angel, and Wall Street investors Goldman Sachs and Wellington Management.
- Uber Technologies Inc fired more than 20 employees after an investigation into sexual harassment claims.
Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Lisa Shumaker