April 3 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 6
points at 7,328 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* RECKITT BENCKISER: British consumer goods group Reckitt Benckiser
is considering the sale of its foods business, which includes French's, its
top-selling U.S. mustard brand, to help fund its $16.6 billion takeover of baby
food maker Mead Johnson , British newspaper The Sunday Times said.
* CO-OP BANK: Britain's Virgin Money is poised to make a bid for
Co-operative Bank , the Times reported on Saturday. bit.ly/2nQyisU
* RIO TINTO: The copper market is likely to see a small shortage as early as
this year because of a lack of new supply and the removal of up to 800,000
tonnes over the past 18 months in response to modest prices, Rio Tinto's
copper and diamonds chief will say on Tuesday.
* SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell has decided to withdraw from Kakinada
gas project in India, Business Standard reported on Monday.
* NATIONAL GRID: UK electricity system operator National Grid is
pressing for a rule change that would allow it to own storage, the Financial
Times reported on Sunday.
* APAX: British private equity fund Apax Partners is close to
finalizing a deal to buy Israel-based Syneron Medical , an aesthetic
device company, for about $500 million, Israeli media reported on Sunday.
* BRITAIN ECONOMY: British company finance chiefs are their most optimistic
in 18 months, but their risk appetite has recovered far less from the battering
it took in the run-up to and aftermath of last year's vote to leave the European
Union, a survey showed on Monday.
* OIL: Oil futures dipped in early Asian trade on Monday on worries about
global oversupply after a higher U.S. rig count pointed to rising U.S. shale
production, while a stronger dollar also put pressure on crude.
* The UK blue chip FTSE 100 index closed 0.6 percent lower at
7,322.92 points on Friday, weighed down by South Africa-exposed stocks after
President Jacob Zuma sacked finance minister Pravin Gordhan, causing a slump in
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Siju Varghese; Editing by Sunil Nair)