(Adds futures, company news items)
Jan 3 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening higher
around 0.19 percent at 7,156 points on Tuesday, according to financial
bookmakers, with futures up 0.84 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 2016 at a record high level on Friday, with
a blistering rally in mining stocks and a sharp fall in sterling after June's
shock Brexit vote boosting the market. The benchmark index closed 0.3 percent
higher at a life-time peak of 7,142.83 points on Friday, surpassing the previous
record of 7,129.83 set in October this year.
* EURONEXT/LSE: Euronext said it has offered 510 million euros
($533.92 million) to buy the London Stock Exchange's (LSE) French
clearing business, helping clear the way for LSE Group's proposed $28 billion
merger with Deutsche Boerse.
* BBA AVIATION: British aircraft services firm BBA Aviation Plc
would merge its aircraft management and charter business with London-listed Gama
Aviation Plc's U.S. aircraft management unit, the companies said on
* 3I: 3i is considering selling Agent Provocateuras as it looks at
options to turn round the struggling high-end lingerie retailer, the Financial
Times reported on Tuesday.
* IRAN ENERGY: Iran has named 29 companies from more than a dozen countries
as being allowed to bid for oil and gas projects using the new, less restrictive
Iran Petroleum Contract (IPC) model, the oil ministry news website SHANA
reported on Monday.
* PHARMACEUTICAL APPROVALS: Last year turned out to be a disappointing one
for new drug approvals with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration clearing just
22 new medicines for sale, the lowest number since 2010 and sharply down on
2015's tally of 45.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)