Feb 7 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 4 to 8
points higher, or up as much as 0.1 percent on Tuesday, according to financial
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.2 percent lower at 7,172.15 points on
Monday, with a fall in energy and housebuilding stocks outpacing a rally in
shares of precious metals miners.
* ITHACA: Ithaca investor Artemis Investment Management said
Delek's $524 million offer for the stake in the North Sea oil
producer it does not already own was "disappointing", the second large investor
to voice concern about the deal.
* BREXIT: British lawmakers on Monday rejected the first set of proposed
amendments to legislation that would give Prime Minister Theresa May the right
to notify the European Union of Britain's intention to leave the bloc.
* SHELL: Shell Oil Co, the U.S. unit of Royal Dutch Shell Plc, said
on Monday it expects to divide the refineries and other assets of the Motiva
Enterprises joint venture with co-owner Saudi Aramco IPO-ARMO.SE in
the second quarter of 2017.
* ANGLO AMERICAN/DE BEERS: De Beers is shelving immediate plans to
study an expansion project at a remote northern Ontario diamond mine after
failing to get support from a neighboring aboriginal community, a
"disappointing" setback for the world's top diamond producer, the mine's manager
* BRITAIN ECONOMY: Britain is to set out plans on Tuesday to make renting
more affordable and provide extra protection for tenants, in a shift away from
decades of government policy almost solely promoting home ownership.
* UK CONSUMER: British consumers reined in their spending last month, an
industry survey showed on Tuesday, adding to signs that they are turning more
cautious as last year's Brexit vote pushes up inflation.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
GW Pharmaceuticals Plc Q1 2017 Earnings Release
Firstgroup Plc Q3 2017 Trading Statement Release
Bellway Plc Trading Update
BP Plc Q4 2016 BP Plc Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)