(Adds futures, company news item)
Feb 10 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 23
points at 7,252 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures
up 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index was up 0.6 percent at 7,229.50 points at the market
close, underperforming the pan-European STOXX 600 index on Thursday,
as insurance and banking stocks picked up pace, while miners
* RB: Reckitt Benckiser has agreed to buy U.S. infant formula maker
Mead Johnson Nutrition for $16.6 billion, its biggest deal ever and
opening up a new market area for the British consumer goods company.
* JUST EAT: The chief executive of Just Eat, the online food delivery
company, is to quit due to "urgent family matters", prompting the chairman to
step into his role on a temporary basis, it said on Friday.
* NATIONWIDE: Britain's Nationwide Building Society said that
pretax profit for the first nine months of its financial year fell by 16 percent
year on year as increasing competition and low interest rates continued to
* LLOYDS: Lloyds Banking Group is the latest bank to join a new
British cyber security group for banks called the Cyber Defence Alliance (CDA),
sources with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
* BHP: Workers at BHP Billiton's, Escondida copper mine in
Chile, the world's largest, walked off the job on Thursday in a strike that
threatens to disrupt the international supply of the widely used metal.
* RBS: Royal Bank of Scotland has rejected calls to beef up a 400
million pound ($502 million) scheme to reimburse customers who say they were
mistreated by the bank's business restructuring division.
* BAE: A group of companies including subsidiaries of BAE Systems,
Northrop Grumman Corp, Science Applications International Corp,
Teledyne Technologies Inc and KBR Inc will share in a $3.04
billion missile defense contract, the Pentagon said on Thursday.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Amrutha Gayathri)